Tax & Advisory Services provides a range of expert witness services including divorce litigation and forensic accounting services.
For marital dissolution (divorce) cases, Tax & Advisory Services provides the following services:
- Preparation of the marital balance sheet or proposed property division
- Calculating income available for child support and alimony
- Preparing a lifestyle analysis
- Preparing a tracing analysis for separate versus community property interest in assets and liabilities
- Identifying the assets and liabilities of the marital estate
- Valuing businesses owned by the marital estate
- Assisting with dividing the assets and liabilities of the marital estate
- Assisting with calculating the value of a retirement account including gains/losses, contributions, fees, etc. for use in a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) or for separating an IRA.
Tax & Advisory Services provides forensic accounting services, which is an analysis of the books and records of a business or a person’s financial resources to determine if there are any funds that have been misused, if a company has been embezzled from, or determining how marital funds have been spent during the marriage. The lifestyle analysis mentioned above is a type of forensic accounting in that we will summarize the expenses of the marriage to determine the type of life style that was lead during marriage for use in your marital dissolution case for alimony purposes.